Saturday 8 March 2014

Week 39 of our new life

Monday, Douglas away to golf again today, so another day of housework for me.  Spent some more time sorting out my laptop but cannot do anything yet until I get my old hard drive back, Michael has not come back to us yet as to when that will be.  Wandered around the garden just trying to decide what I am going to plant where and what I am going to sort out.  Joao is going to get on with the irrigation system hopefully this week as the weather is getting better and the plants are going to need watered.  We have put a hosepipe at the front of the house and one at the back but irrigation will work better for the amount of garden that there is to water.  Have replanted my big red tea cup with Anenomes, and I think I will now have to replant all my pots that we bought from the UK as the plants seem to have died off completely, I think they were in storage too long and dried out beyond life.
Tuesday, Zumba today and then lunch with all the girls from the class.  Went to Avenida in Sao Bras, had a great lunch with plenty of laughs.  So good to meet more new people and find out what they do with their time.  They are all so different but a really good crowd, all like their wine as top priority.  I had a good discussion with a couple of them regarding Portuguese Water Dogs, so they are all going to get me contacts as I am hoping Douglas will let me get one.  It will be great for exercise as we will be able to go for walks etc and will keep me occupied when Douglas is golfing.  I cannot find any women as yet that are interested in Golf so that leaves me out on a limb as I have no one to go with, Linda plays but she gave it up when she came out here two years ago and although I keep chipping away at her she has not quite decided if she wants to start playing again. But never say never. I am also trying to put the wheels in motion to sell my car back in Scotland, if I can do that then I will be able to buy my scooter, which will let me have a bit of Independence here, will need to drive but I think Douglas likes to be the driver, wont be able to get my dog on the back of a scooter though!!! We also need to change our driving licenses here to Portuguese ones which means that our UK ones will be taken away, not sure what that means if I still have a car in the UK.
Wednesday, out shopping today for new bedding for the twin room, I had the idea of having yellow, but don't think this will happen as cant seem to get yellow anywhere, red, purple, green or brown seem to be the colours around, so will have to rethink, managed to get mattress covers for the beds so that is a start.
Thursday, Finally got my hard drive back today, so loaded it on to the new laptop only to find that I need to convert each document individually for it to open on the new laptop, another couple of days work ahead. Out shopping for bedding again, no luck.  Portuguese lesson as well today. Also preparing food for tomorrow.  Tom and Linda, Keith and Pauline are coming for dinner.  Douglas has decided we are having Tomato and Basil Soup, Bacelhau Com Natas and Cheesecake. Pauline is a cealiac so I have adapted all the recipes so that we can all eat the same, and I have bought gluten free rolls so we can all eat without any embarrassment.  Soup and Cheesecake made and will prepare the Bacelhau tomorrow afternoon.  Douglas away to the five o clock club so I have managed to download and convert all my old files, thank goodness my laptop is now ready to go.  It is Windows 8 so that will take a bit of getting used to, also the keyboard is slightly different as it is Portuguese so just need to watch what I am doing.  Very happy to have a laptop up and running.
Friday, got the front area planted up with 10 different varieties of Cactus, looking pretty good and will look even better once they start to grow.  Went shopping, need to make sure we have enough wine for tonight and also needed to get a bottle of Baileys to add to the collection as I know that Pauline and Linda drink that.  Douglas then tidied the house and hoovered while I prepared the main course and made sure everything was organised food and drink wise for tonight. Becky´s birthday today, a big 12, they just seem to grow so quick, she bought herself clothes with her voucher so she was one happy granddaughter.
Who`s all grown up then! 
10 Cactus are planted
Now they need to grow












Saturday, fantastic night last night, everybody really enjoyed themselves and were very complimentary about the food.  Finally finished up at 4.00am this morning.  I was up early and was confronted by lots of empty glasses and realised we had gone through a copious amount of alcohol.  Had a phone call from Pauline saying how much they had enjoyed themselves, and we know that Tom did not rise from his bed for the best part of the day, Linda is not a fish eater but said that the Bacelhau was one of the best fish dishes she had tasted, so all in all a very successful night.  Carnival weekend in Portugal this weekend, so sorry to say Douglas had to get up at a reasonable time so that we could go to the Carnival in Loule, so glad we did we had a great time and some of the floats were fantastic and the atmosphere was really great, so many people there, great fun. Not going to be a late night as we are both tired!!!






















































































































































Sunday, Planted up "The Head" with a new plant so he now has a short back and sides rather than long hair!!! also got the dangle balls up on each corner at the front of the house.  Carnival day in Bordeira today, another fun time with various floats etc not on the same scale as yesterdays but still great fun plus had the added bonus of having a drink in Cafe Pinto where Antonio now has Morgans Spice, just not sure that they have got the hang of measures yet as they were rather large, still we walked down and was walking home so that will keep me sober.  A great end to a great weekend.
Short Back and Sides
Dangle balls are hanging!




















































Add caption

Add caption

















No comments:

Post a Comment