Saturday 8 March 2014

Week 38 of our new life

Monday, Douglas golfing today, so it is housework day for me, doesn't matter where in the world you go housework always needs to get done, eventually. Got finished by lunchtime so time for a seat on the terrace in the sun with a tuna roll and a nice cup of tea. Two hours later, lol time to get the rabbit ready for tea, mick is coming for tea tonight as Pauline is in the UK, so I thought a nice rabbit stew with tarragon dumplings will do the trick. Douglas finished 3rd at golf  which he was highly delighted with.  Rabbit stew was excellent washed down with a bottle of red, I of course had a few Morgans and then the men had a whisky and I had a Limoncina, a lemon liqueur which is really very nice.
Tuesday, zumba class this morning with a slightly fuzzy head, worked extra hard but do enjoy the lessons, we are all going out for lunch next week after class so looking forward to that, meeting new people all the time.  Had a call from Keith and Pauline about going out for dinner tonight, but last night we had agreed to go to micks tonight so will meet up with them another night. Have booked them in with Tom and Linda to come to ours for dinner a week on Friday as well, so will need to get the cookbooks out again.  Good to see the warm weather returning.  Michael was up today fixing our outdoor tap and also the terrace light and hall light and he has ground out the cracks in the chimney and sealed them, we can then paint them after 24 hours.  Not sure if this is going to solve the problem with the chimney but we will just have to try a step at a time until we resolve the issue.
Wednesday, bit of a quiet day today, am lost without the laptop, have a tablet but cannot seem to do the same things on it, think I will be getting a new one this week, Douglas is fed up with my moaning and frustration-
Thursday, out shopping today, Douglas needs to change his darts as he bought the wrong ones and I am going to get a pair of dance shoes for the Zumba and a new laptop. YES YES YES.  Managed to change the darts easy enough and Douglas got a couple of new T Shirts.  There is only one shop in the Algarve that sells dance shoes, OMG expensive, but I got a pair so my steps will be ultra good new with no squeaking.  I have also now got a brand new laptop, it will be configured for me to English in the shop so I can collect it tomorrow, just cannot wait.
Friday, Food shopping today and then need to wait on a call to go and pick up the laptop.  Off out tonight for dinner at Chicken Luis with Tom and Linda and Keith and Pauline.  No call today for the laptop, I should have known, never mind hope it will be ready tomorrow. Had a chat with Joao today regarding the garden, my rosebed is coming along nicely, just need to wait until March when I can but the rosebushes, I also want to have some planting done right at the front which is very dry and clay like soil, so Joao has suggested cactus plants of all shapes and sizes and ones that flower, they do not need a lot of water and can look very nice if planted correctly, so that is what I am going to do there.  Had a great night out and ended up back at Cafe Pinto where Antonio had got a bottle of Morgans in for me.  Linda, Pauline and I had a couple of games of darts on their electronic dartboard, only we think the electronics were not working correctly, typical when I was in the lead on both games, not to worry it was good fun.  A  Romanian man built like a brickhouse took a dislike to Douglas and decided to pick a fight, so Antonio had to call the GNR, must admit they responded very rapidly and sorted it out but it left a bad taste in the mouth as we have never come across anything like that here.  It ended up we had to all leave our cars at the Cafe and walk home, no problem, although Tom did struggle a bit and Linda had to get the car as she was home first and go and pick up the stragglers, we left them first as we turn up the hill but got home fine, Douglas did not play mud angels this time around, thank goodness.  A very good night had by all.
Saturday, both of us have slightly fuzzy heads today, heading to Venepau for lunch and yes I can go and collect the laptop.  That will let me get it ready to go tonight.  Only thing is now I need to get my old hard drive back so that I can access all my documents, photos etc, will need to contact Michael to see when we can get it back.  New laptop is great.
Sunday, spent today catching up on paperwork, booking flights to go and see my dad in March and making a list of bedding that we need to go and buy for the twin room.  We have visitors for nearly 3 weeks from the end of march, Lynne and Zoe are coming out for 5 days, then Katie and the kids for 6 days then Danny, Lesa and Madison for 7 days so that will be a busy 3 weeks, looking forward to it though and as the weather is getting better daily it should be pool time again.  It gives me a spur to get on and get the twin room sorted out as at the moment it tends to be storage so I will need to find homes for everything and also get the beds sorted out. Feel another shopping spree coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment