Sunday 13 April 2014

Week 45 of our new life

Monday, everybody is up and about early. Katie and the girls are going to get their hairs trimmed.  Another disappointment, the girls hairs were fine, Katie's was cut a bit shorter than what she wanted, which led to a slight trauma, what is it about the FURY LUCK we just don't have any!!!  Back to the house, Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison are ready, we have to leave at 12.00 to get to Portimao Aerodrome where Danny is going to do his jump.  It is a really hot day so a good day for Jumping??  We had to detour onto the A22 which is a toll road due to time being against us, but we got there on time, the heat was intense but plenty of water for the Children and Adults, Danny got his Briefing on what he was and wasn't to do, it was going to be a tandem jump, so at least somebody else was on his back LOL but terrifying for us but he was cool as a cucumber.  He was going up 16000 feet and then was jumping.  We managed to watch the whole thing with the children cheering him on every bit of the way, and he landed and strolled out of the zone just like Top Gun LOL.  Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and has the DVD and Certificate to prove it.  Now that has been done guess what the girls want to get back for the pool, so heading home, it is near 6 o clock when we get in but yes they went in the pool, it is their last night so will make the most of it even though they have to get up at 5.00 in the morning for their 7 o clock flight.  Finally bed.
Birds Nesting
Under the Eaves
Trying the suit for size

I am not nervous!!

Danny in the sky

Briefing

Kitted up

Waiting for Uncle Danny

I will relax

Instructor talk


Where is my Brother!
About ready to go

Tuesday, up at 4.30am to make sure last minute packing is done and the girls are all ready for their flight home.  They have enjoyed  themselves and at least had a good couple of days of hot sunshine and have gone back with a tan.  On to Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison for their week now.  I went to my Zumba this morning and worked out really hard, thought it would keep me awake for the rest  of the day.  Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison decided to go to Albufeira Old Town, they have the car so can just go out and about at their leisure, don't need us to ferry them around which makes life a bit easier.  They arrived back at about 8, so just done a BBQ with my homemade Burgers and Sausages which seemed to go down really well. Another late night sitting on the terrace with a few drinks, but it was so warm.
Wednesday, Douglas is playing golf today, and we have the pool cover being fitted today, so Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison are going to Caldos de Monchique to view it as a possible wedding venue.  Bacelhau Com Natas for Tea, wonder what they will make of a local dish.  Cloudier weather today but still warm although there is slight breeze.
Thursday, Another lovely day has dawned, early start today as a shopping trip had been booked with my Zumba class so Lesa and Linda were joining me.  This left Danny and Grandad in charge of Miss Madison.  We picked up the bus at 7.45am in Sao Bras and headed off to Freeport for a days shopping and Lunch, Bucks Fizz on the bus, well this was a good start.  Quite a long journey as Freeport is up near Lisbon but the thought of 140 shops dissipated the thought of the journey.  We finally arrived at 11.20 lunch was booked for 1.30pm so two hours for the shops, lunch then another 2 hours in the shops before return.  Lesa found the shops to her liking and bought a couple of tops and a necklace, Linda managed a cardigan and a couple of Polo Shirts for Tom, I struggled which is very unlike me and could not believe that I could not find anything, until the last shop before lunch where I found a couple of dresses I liked.  Lunch was in a superb restaurant where we had suckling pig, plenty of salad and of course plenty of wine.  Then it was back to the shops, well Linda Lesa and myself decided to quaff another bottle of wine before hitting the shops again, so we relaxed in the sunshine drinking wine.  Finally decided we should hit the shops again but none of us bought anything else.  The the journey home, plenty of wine on the bus, but not for me, not being a wine drinker I had had my share of wine so snoozed instead.  The journey home took 3 hours 20 minutes, at which stage it felt like a lifetime that we had been on the bus, finally getting home about 8.30pm.  Lesa had not seen Miss Madison all day and of course by the time we got home she was in bed. Tom picked us up from the Bus and we went back to ours for a couple of drinks and some Sticky Ribs which I had prepared the night before. Some laughs and alcohol and then time for bed.  This was a really good day, but do not think I will do it again as such a long time sitting on a bus, plus although the shops were good, I find it very difficult to shop for clothes here so not really worth the long journey.
Lunch with the girls
Miss Madison Posing
Friday, Today we are going to The Old Town Vilamoura with Tom and Linda, Danny, Lesa and Miss Madison to have a look at a prospective wedding venue.  Tom and Linda were at a wedding here last year and we thought it might be ideal for what Danny and Lesa are looking for, we have tried to find it a couple of times but for some reason have not been able to.  So Tom and Linda offered to take us all.  A nice excuse for a friendly lunch also. We were all a bit tired after last night but the weather was good, so why not.  It takes about half an hour from where we live, so not too far a journey and it is a really lovely place. Danny and Lesa were lucky to meet Heather the Owner who deals with the weddings so they were taken away for a long chat and shown some videos etc and photographs of how things look for weddings, it seems to be the perfect place.  Emails etc will be exchanged between the couple and Heather and it will be up to them if that is what they are looking for. We had a lovely lunch with a couple of drinks, then we set off for home and Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison carried on to do some more exploring of their own.  I am hoping to be able to do some Granny duties and get Miss Madison to myself so Danny and Lesa can go out on their own, what an offer, not happened yet.
Old Town Vilamoura




















Saturday, Another lovely day, although the mornings tend to be a bit cloudy it soon turns into a wonderful day.  Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison are going into Faro to the Forum Algarve shopping, Douglas and I are going to go and get some shopping and then get some sun.  I am excited today as We can babysit tonight and Danny and Lesa can go out for a meal.  I will get to cuddle and bath and feed and put her to bed, cannot wait.  An afternoon in the sun was great, but Danny and Lesa never seemed to arrive home.  By the time they came in it was 8.45pm so I never got my chance to do my granny duties.  Oh well one spare granny going, LOL.
Daddy & Miss Madison
We are Family

Sunday, Danny and Lesa and Miss Madison go home today, Estoi Market was on so we had a run down to that, it started off cloudy but gradually got very hot and Miss Madison wasn't for settling today.  Back home, thought I would do Mince and Tatties for them so they had a decent meal before their flight, it was a 7.00pm flight so would be late for them arriving back home.  Grandad and I took turns for cuddles and I done feeding time so that Danny and Lesa could get packed up and get their showers etc. Far too quickly it was time to leave for the airport.  Got them all checked in and time to say goodbye, until the next time, hopefully. On the way out of the airport Found Carly and Danielle's flip flops from last week, so retrieved them and will take them home to clean them LOL.
The abandoned Flip Flops

It has been a wonderful couple of weeks seeing some of the family and hopefully they will all come back. Miss Madison is wonderful and was such a good girl all week, she left her mark by being sick on cushion covers etc and her parting gift to me was to be sick all over my shoulder LOL but I wouldn't change any of it.  Danny takes his daddy duties very seriously and is amazing, I just wish that I could have done my granny duties so that they could have had a bit of time to themselves, but maybe next time when Miss Madison is a bit bigger I will get to do some more and the offers were there to be taken advantage of LOL.  Advert going in to the Portuguese News Granny for Hire!!!!

The swimming Bear

Just Juicing

My turn to Juice

Look at me

Hey how chilled am I


Miss Madison & Grandad

Miss Madison & Granny

Just leave me alone

I need the Sun

Lunch in Old Town Vilamoura

Grandads nice and cosy

Bouncing on Dads knee

Daddy's girl

Carly's hiding from me

No comments:

Post a Comment